Social Siesta Webinar Series
The Social Siesta Webinar Series features three challenges which most social entrepreneurs:
- How do I explain the value of my social business to partners?
- How do reach out to my customers?
- What can Europe do for me?
For these three questions, we are organizing three webinars. The webinars feature speakers from Central European countries and consists of an informal discussions on the above questions, with short inputs from the speakers.
You can register for the Social Siesta Webinar Series here:
Social Siesta Webinar #1 – What social entrepreneurs do for society!
Social entrepreneurs from Central Europe explain how they make the world a better place.
- Speakers (detailed info below):
- David Kovalsky, Serial Entrepreneur, Business Hacker, Mentor, Investor and Education Angel
- Teo Petričević, Director at ACT Group
- Živa Lopatič, Ustanovitelj at Zadruga Buna z.o.o.
- Manuel Kreitmeir, Systems Entrepreneur, creating ecosystems for Open Social Innovation, organizer of the European Social Economy Summit
- Date: Jan 11th 2022 – 2pm – 3pm CET
- Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUod-muqDovE9Zmbyc0Vsdb2V8eqy4CIM30
Social Siesta Webinar #2 – How to do effective communication
Social entrepreneurs from Central Europe explain the best ways to communicate effectively.
- Speakers (detailed info below):
- Date: Jan 25th 2022 – 2pm – 3pm CET
- Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrdOmqrjwjGtQRNiSWrEHPrt7wDJxpVF0P
Social Siesta Webinar #3 – The European Social Economy Action Plan and its impact on social entrepreneurs
We invite speakers to explain how the European Social Economy Action plan will support the growth of social entrepreneurs.
- Guy Lejeune, European Commission – Senior expert Entrepreneurship Unit G.3.: Social and Inclusive Entrepreneurship DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Date: Feb 7th 2022 – 2pm – 3pm CET
- Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApdOmsrj4tHtLko15QbITfR4szOC4ZhwUO
Kristina is a communications and crowdfunding expert specializing in supporting organizations and companies that are contributing protection of human rights and sustainable development. By coordinating and mentoring the implementation of crowdfunding campaigns for a dozen of civic initiatives, associations, and social enterprises, she has helped fund more than $ 100,000 for a series of socially and environmentally beneficial projects, including projects in the field of low-carbon development, gender equality, education, LGBTIQ rights, and independent culture. She is the co-founder of the Crowdfunding Academy, an internationally acclaimed educational program on crowdfunding. Through the role of Communications and Marketing Manager at the Green Energy Cooperative, Kristina is currently supporting the popularization of community and solar energy in Croatia.
David is a seasoned entrepreneur with a strong IT background. Through multiple companies he’s spent a decade in bringing FinTech innovations to the CEE market. After successfully exiting, David redefined himself as an advisor, supporter, and an investor. He brings startup know-how and experience by taking a company to the next level. David loves to travel across Europe from west to east in search of startup talent. He’s also a huge space fan and still keeps his plans for outer space travel on the roadmap. Primarily he’s working with CEE companies as a strategist and CEO coach. He’s also Chairman of the Board of Spirála – an NGO in the field of mental health. And a Founding Member of SoFarm NGO, where he helps social farms to reach the same opportunities as regular farms.
Živa Lopatič is co-founder of the Buna Cooperative and head of Fair Trade in Slovenia, she has been involved in communication, management, and planning for a long time. She runs the only fair-trade store in Slovenia, the Fair Trade 3MUHE, and the Fair-Trade mushroom shop. She is in regular contact with suppliers and buyers of fair-trade products. In the Buna Cooperative, she deals with business and communication, as well as the organization of events and lectures on the effects of international trade.
- Website: https://www.buna.si/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zadrugabuna
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zadrugabuna/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/zadruga-buna/
Teo Petričević is director at ACT Group and a social innovator, social business architect and consultant, social economy and civil society expert with 10+ years of experience in organisational development, project management, fundraising, policy, research, training and capacity building. Since 2007 he is active in the development of social economy and enterprise legislative, institutional, financial and educational framework in Croatia and Western Balkan countries. He initiated and developed 20+ social businesses and support organizations.
System Entrepreneur and ‘Third Culture Kid’ with a background as a 2nd generation tea and spice farmer in Sri Lanka- today creating ecosystems for open social innovation.
University Lecture, Facilitator and Thought Leader (openSAP) for Social Innovation. Chairman at Social Entrepreneurship BW. Organizer European Social Economy Summit for the European Commission. Social Entrepreneur in Residence at Ohana Social Enterprise.
His vision is an economy that works for people and planet. At the Center for Open Social Innovation they create (digital) ecosystems where social innovation can thrive. Partners include SAP, Microsoft, Audi, Harvard University, Mannheim Business School, Ecopreneur and the European Commission.
Passionate about New Work, Sustainability and Digital Social Innovation.