Social Seducement game: SocialPlaNet
Social PlaNet is a web-based simulation game which puts players in the role of would-be social entrepreneurs.
- Players play in groups of 3-6 people, each using an avatar to represent them.
- Players go through the game as a group, and have a choice of different roles: task leader, follower, as well as a range of business roles.
- They have access to a facilitator who supports the group in line with their needs while players pass through the game.
- Together, players develop an idea for a social enterprise, and work through a series of tasks and missions to scope out the key activities, values, income streams etc of their ‘fantasy social enterprise’. Real-life stories stimulate thinking about common business challenges.
- Quizzes need to be solved and missions accomplished. In doing so, players accumulate points which they can spend to furnish their in-game office.
- At the end of the game, players receive a completed business model canvas which they can choose to develop into a full business plan.
More resources from these countries:
More resources from this SDGs:
More resources from this type:
More resources with this activity: